Friday, October 16, 2009

Cheap vs. Expensive Shampoo

Yes, I'll admit, I am a cheap skate.

I buy my Biolage shampoo and Conditioner by the gallon at my beauty supply store. But it has not been on sale in a while, so I bought Herbal Essences Shampoo, and Suave Conditioner to try to last me until it was on sale. Let me just tell you... It sucks. I will not stoop so low as to wash my clients hair in such cheap stuff, but for my hubby and I, I did it.

First let me tell you about the shampoo: I have to use 4X as much in order to even get a descent lather and to feel like it even saturated my hair. Then I feel like it doesn't even rinse easy. I do not like. If I have to use so much more, it really isn't much cheaper than the expensive stuff.

Now for the conditioner: I have to use about 6X as much as usual, and then my hair is still so snarly and feels kinda like straw when I am brushing it. I HATE.

Biolage is my favorite. It lathers well, rinses well, smells yummy, and leaves my hair tangle free and static free. I love you dear Biolage. Please go on sale soon.



5 comments:

  1. I would love to buy Biolage, but I'm married to the worlds cheapest husband. So tell me, what is a good deal when it goes on sale? At what price should I buy and what not. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get to go to a special beauty supply store that is only for licensed hairstylists, so I get an extra advantage, so if you find the liters in a two pack, shampoo and conditioner for $26 or under...that's a good deal. I think the regular sizes are usually about $10/bottle, so if you find them cheaper than that, that's a good deal, or the liters for under $13/bottle, it's a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, I am always telling the girls at my salon how crappy grocery store stuff is! it's so worth buying the good stuff cuz my liters last me 6 MONTHS and I have long hair! the crappy stuff at $3-5/bottle would cost more than the good stuff with how much you have to buy! but even those amazing couponers who get crappy shampoo for free don't make me want to use it. I wouldn't even use it if it was free!! salon shampoo is SOOO worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something I have recently discovered is that the Kirkland Shampoo and Conditioner from Cost-Co is exactly the same as Biolage. It is around $7.99 for 2 liters. Normally, as a professional, I do not recommend store bought shampoo, but this stuff is actually good and I feel it works every bit as good as Biolage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'll have to try it! That's a good deal! I think the Kirkland diapers are EXACTLY the same as Huggies too.

    ReplyDelete