Monday, October 26, 2009

Boys Haircut

Here's another boy's haircut to show you...
Before picture...

Started with a #2 and go all around the head, about up to the temples...

Take the little trimmers and trim around the hairline...


Now wet it, and take horizontal sections on top in the middle section...
Pull a little from that section forward, and use that as your guide and cut that section...


Now take that section and cut it vertically... Just cut off the points...

You cut off the points, see?

Now use that first section as your guide, and cut the side top sections...

See the guide?


Take those sections and cut them vertically too. Just cut off the points though...

Now to blend the top with the sides, I am using a technique that is a little harder for beginners. It's called scissor-over-comb. If you can't or don't feel comfortable doing it, refer to my other boy's haircut I posted here. In that one, I just took the hair in little sections going around the head, and cut off the points.

To do this scissor-over-comb, you just comb the hair upward, and cut off the hair little bits at a time.
All done...

2 comments:

  1. He is the cutest! I just cut my little baby boy's hair, and it did not turn out so well. Never mind that fact that he's one, I accidentally forgot that I had left the #1 on the clippers from an earlier haircut I gave Isaac and used it on the top if Eli's head! Oops! I screamed, which scared the poor boy to death, and he proceeded to cry for the rest of the cut. It's times like that I wish we live closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of shears do you suggest getting? I am a cosmetology student/mommy and happened across your blog so I thought I would go ahead and ask... great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete