Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Q and A again :)

I thought at first I should wait a few days to answer Samantha's question, but then I thought, why keep her waiting? She may be dying for a suggestion, and checking my blog every hour until I reply! j/k

Okay, here's her question...

I just stumbled upon your blog! This is great! I have a 3 year old with short/thick/stick straight/baby fine hair (if that makes sense).

I have been trying different hair products on her, but I have yet to find one that will keep all of the fly aways at bay. Do you have any suggestions?

Here's my answer...

For your daughter's hair I'd recommend a waxy pomade. There are many kinds of pomades, some focus more on shine, those tend to be runnier and more greasy looking, but some hair can handle that (like natural curly, or really coarse hair).

But because your daughter's hair follicle sounds fine (I loved your description of your daughter's hair) and even though it's thick, I think that a waxy pomade is the way to go for you.
My favorite is by American Crew, called d:fi.

I like the one with a yellow lid, called the Light wax. You can get it at a Beauty Supply store... Like in the mall. There are many types of pomades, and if you choose not to get this exact brand, I would just get a medium hold wax. I think a firm hold wax would be too stiff.

You rub your fingers in it, then rub all your fingers together, then start at the ends of the hair and work up to the top. Rub downward to get it smooth and get the frizzes to lay down with the rest of the hair.

Some people really like Biosilk, and I do sometimes... When I am styling curly hair, or like I said when hair is coarse, or occasionally other times too... like maybe before I am going to flat iron someones hair. This is a shine serum, so it has no holding power, it basically just adds shine. Like I said, for your daughter, I think a wax would be the best bet. With any of these products, you need to be careful not to start out with too much, you do not want it to look greasy. You can always add more if you need as you are styling.

I also LOVE hairspray. As of late, I've been using Vavoom freezing spray. I like that it is not crusty, and yet holds well. And I found it on sale :)


I swear by using lots of product. I love it.

Hope that helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment